The Scout Group only exists thanks to the efforts of the adult volunteers and we are always looking for new volunteers who may be willing to join our team of enthusiastic volunteers who provide exellent scouting and opportunities to our members.
As well as volunteers to help with the various groups we are also looking for anyone who might want to get involved with the executive committee or who could offer assistance with our hut maintenance and upgrade programme.
Muchty Scout Group are looking for new leaders and volunteers;
- Beavers (Thursday evenings)
- Scouts & Explorers (Monday and Wednesday Evenings)
- Cubs (Thursday Evenings)
Put your skills to use, learn new ones, and contribute to an amazing life-experience for you and your local community.
Volunteering is easier than you think. With full support and training, you can volunteer on a flexible basis. Give young people the skills they need to succeed in life and discover how being part of the Scouting family can be as rewarding for you as it is for them.
The Group Executive committee helps with the running of the group by managing the various non-Scouting elements such as management of the Scout Hut. If you have any spare time and you would like to llep the group in any way please get in touch.
The committee are currently looking for volunteers or contractors who may be able to assist with a number of renovation / upgrade works at the hut and if you would like to offer your services please get in touch. We are specifically needing the following skills;
- Roofer - to inspect and advise on the flat roof
- Builder - we need to replace the wooden skirt around the bottom of the hut with blocks and need someone with the appropriate skills to advise or assist
- Plumber - we are looking to approve a plumber for any future plumbing requirements.